Pride Auto Care Car Care Tips help you keep your cars and trucks running smoothly.
Owning a car can be a dream or a nightmare depending on how well you take care of your vehicle, says the non-profit Car Care Council. The following are six things that many motorists do that can harm their car and their wallet.
- Ignoring the check engine light. Ignoring an illuminated check engine light can result in serious engine trouble and costly repairs. At the very least, this warning light could alert you to an engine problem that is negatively impacting fuel economy.
- Failing to change fluids and filters. Many fluids are required for the operation and protection of vehicle systems and components. Checking fluid levels regularly, along with the filters, helps ensure that your vehicle runs dependably and extends vehicle life.
- Neglecting your tires. Your vehicle’s tires should be checked frequently for inflation and tread depth. Underinflated tires can wear out more quickly, needing to be replaced sooner, and can negatively impact safety, gas mileage and performance.
- Not following a service schedule. Because many car parts and components wear out or become damaged over time, vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help keep your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
- Keeping a dirty car. Allowing your car to go too long without a wash leads to buildup of damaging chemicals and dirt, increases the potential for rust from road salt and interferes with proper visibility needed for safe driving.
- Being a severe driver. Whether it’s stop-and-go traffic, extreme weather, rough roads or heavy loads, it can sometimes be difficult to limit severe driving conditions. However, you can drive smart and improve fuel economy by observing the speed limit; avoiding aggressive driving, including quick starts and stops; not hauling unnecessary items; and keeping your vehicle properly tuned.
“Because auto care isn’t always a top priority for car owners, they might not realize they are doing things that adversely affect the performance, safety and value of their car,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council. “Routine maintenance can go a long way toward saving money, avoiding headaches and protecting your vehicle investment.”
- Spring & Summer Car Care Tips
- Cold Weather Winter Driving and Car Care Tips
- Gas Saving Tips
- Free Teen Driver Safety Inspections
Fuel & Emission Systems Things you need to know From Pride Auto Care
Did you know by using higher quality fuel you will save on maintenance costs on your car and keep it running smoother? Just ask at the front desk next time you come in and our experts will be happy to let you know what’s best for your car or truck.
Some of our favorite Colorado links:
- Parker Chamber of Commerce
- Parker Colorado Business and Community Directory
- Parker CO Buzz
- Zumbido Hair Studio
Pride Auto Care—Come Ride with Pride!
The Pridemore family has built its reputation on down home values with friendly customer service and our “no excuses” service promise. We offer you peace of mind and stand by our work with a no-cost, nationwide 12-month / 12,000 mile warranty.